Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Problem of Asperger's Syndrome

Last week I was thinking about including a character who with Asperger’s Syndrome in a story I am writing. Alas, Influenza stopped that for several days, during which time I thought about the matter some more. I started writing a blog entry about Asperger’s Syndrome and low intelligence, then I went out for lunch. After eating and having coffee and discussing the matter of the Judeo-Christian god having problems managing anger, it occurred to me that the god might actually have Asperger’s Syndrome. The principal symptom is insistence on being right regardless of actual fact. In the real world with humans there are many other signs of the Syndrome, but we have only the Scriptures for evidence regarding this.
That that god has problems regarding truth and enforces his opinions violently argue strongly in favor of a diagnosis of Asperger’s, but it could be OCD. In addition, we don’t know whether that god had any learning disability.

This is something about which I will have to think more, but my preliminary decision is: Asperger’s Syndrome.

I am wondering whether anyone else as any thoughts on this matter. I previously had thought that god had problems of low self-esteem as in evidenced by the commandment that demands that other gods not be put before him, but that might just be the tip of the iceberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment